CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Why "Run For the Nations"?

You may be asking at this point, why is this blog called "Run For the Nations"? Should it not be "Run to the Nations"? "Run for the Nations" was born out of a passion for every part of my life to be an action of knowing God more and making Him known. One of the activities that I have enjoyed over the past several years is running. It has been a great time to connect with the LORD and along the way the LORD has brought along others that I have been able to connect with through running as well.

Each year I also run a half-marathon in Nashville and after fininshing the race this past April I felt very strongly the desire to run this race to know God more and make Him known. The question was, "how do I do that?". I began this blog out of the prompting that my running should be to benefit the nations. Both in the US and overseas, this blog was created to bring attention to the dire need of those around me and those that I do not come face to face with on a daily basis.

I also sensed the urge to actually raise money, as many do for other organizations, in my training and completion of the Nashville half. Therefore, I have decided to "Run for the Nations". This will most likely look different each year but for this year, the LORD has called me to run for Shaohannah's Hope, an organization that raises money for adoption. Also known as Show Hope, this organization donates money to families each year in order to equip those families monetarily to imitate the gospel through the picture of adoption. We have been adopted into the family of God as co-heirs with Christ and the adoption of orphans here on earth displays that picture and obeys the command of Christ to care for the orphans (James 1:27).

I want this blog to be a way for you and I to keep our hands on the pulse of the nations so that we are not lulled to sleep by our comfort and ease here in the United States. We have to see our brothers and sisters around the world who are hurting and in need. Stay tuned and we will see where the LORD takes this!

0 comments: